A Carbon offset is a way to compensate for your emissions by funding an equivalent carbon dioxide saving elsewhere.
The average carbon footprint for a person in the United States is 16 tonnes per year!
Flight from Berlin to New York is 1.2 tonnes!
Offset your carbon footprint by buying me a TESLA.
Already calculated your carbon footprint and ready to offset?
1 tonne of CO2 = $2,200
Total amount raised so far: $2,640
3% of $80,000
How we calculate a price per tonne?
Every year I am driving in my car about 10,000km. Fuel: Petrol (8 Liters/100km).
CO2 amount: 3.3 t / per year
When I will buy a TESLA Model S (18.5 kWh/100 km)
CO2 amount will be: 1.5 t / per year
Savings = 3.3 t - 1.5 t = 1.8 t / per year
I will drive TESLA Model S for about 20 years. Life time savings = 1,8 t x 20 years = 36 t
WITH TESLA MODEL S I WILL SAVE 36 t!
Tesla Model S price is about ~$80,000 Price = ~$80,000 / 36 t = $2,200 per tonne.
Your price is too high!
Yes! The average price on the market to offset 1 tonne is $18.15.
Our price is $2,200 per tonne!
It is more than 100 times greater!
BUT! We are not planting trees or building wind power plants. WE ARE BUYING A TESLA! :)
Let's make an alternative to other carbon offset projects!
- All your payments are donations.
- We don't refund.
- This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its funding goal.
- If we will never collect money for Tesla, we will spend this money as we like.
- If you want a cheap and effective CO2 offset, please, visit other sites!
- We are not affiliated with TESLA.